Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
• “I’m not formally trained in policy, but I do know my little brother’s 2016 hospital stay for acute liver explosion cost about five hundred thousand dollars, give or take a hundred grand. So I wrote to Mr. Chaffetz on Twitter, asking him the most prudent way my brother could sell his iPhone, which is worth about $200, maybe $300 if the screen got fixed. For some reason, Chaffetz did not answer.” [MTV]
• Chelsea Clinton is writing a children’s picture book on inspirational American women titled “She Persisted.” [The New York Times]
• The trailer for “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” is here! [EBONY]
• Melinda Gates on the tech industry’s gender problem. [The Atlantic]
• Someone at McDonald’s was probably fired for trolling 45, but it was great. [Cosmopolitan]
• Join the Injustice Boycott.
• Why are we seeing some of the most disturbing revelations of racism, xenophobia, and hate speech filed neatly away under the vague header of "controversy"?